Project report on online examination system
Now- a-days “Online Examination System” is becoming popular as well as essential for every kind of exams. It saves a lot of time, money and other expenses for any examiner. In past days, there was a paper-pencil based test known as offline exam. It is generally offered in a single day for all candidates. This is a typical task for examination authorities and candidates to arrange everything. The project ‘Online Examination System’ provides a better platform for candidates to join the online examination. This examination can be organized through the internet. Each student should be registered for exam.
- Online Examination will reduce to huge work done by teachers, administrators and also Students.
- Responses by the candidate will be checked automatically and instantly.
- Reduce paper work.
- Results will show immediately that reduces student anxiety.
- Can be used anywhere anytime as it is web based application.
- Useful for teachers for managing question paper and exam.
- Online exam can be conduct any time.
- Online Examination is being launched Because a need for a destination that is beneficial for both Institutes and students. With this site, institutes can host online exams.
Main objective behind to the present project is to form easy to conduct paper.
Though Online Examinations we’ve save the time expending between paper and result. the most idea behind developing this project is to prove fast way of conducting exam through internet. Through the assistance of project, an individual are often register free and provides paper for checking his ability.
Online Examination System is a web test system that permits users to require Online Test and automatically generates Result supported answers marked by users.
- Student can appear the web examination for objective sort of question.
- Student can simply register themselves through email id.
- The questions are going to be displayed serially from question bank.
- Student can download the fabric in simply way.
- Online examination project assesses student by conducting online objective tests.
- Responses by the candidates are going to be checked automatically.
- Being an integrated online examination system reduce paper work.
- Question can have multiple options, multiple answers or are often text answers.
- Can generate various report for evaluation purpose when and where required.
- Experts will send the gathering of question in question bank.
- there’s no facility of copy and paste while attempting the question on the online page.
- Student can download the fabric in simply way.
RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
It is most popular database system.
- Simple and sound theoretical basis.
- The model is based on tables, rows and columns and the manipulation of data stored within.
- Relational Database is a collection of these tables.
- The main features of RDBMS are that single database can spread across several tables.
- Some of the examples of RDBMS are Oracle, IBM’s, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, and Microsoft access.
Advantages of RDBMS
- Increase the sharing of data and faster development of new applications.
- Support a simple data structure namely tables or relations.
- Limit redundancy or replication of data.
- Better integrity as data inconsistencies are avoided by storing data at one place.
- Provide physical data independence so users do not have to be aware of underlying objects.
- Offer logical database independence – data can be viewed in the different ways by different users.
- Expandability is relatively easy to achieve by adding new views of the data as they are required.
- Support one off queries using SQL or other appropriate language.
- Better backup and recovery procedures.
- Provide multiple interfaces.
- Solves many problems created by other data models.
- The ability to handle efficiently simple data types.
- Multiple users can access which is not possible in DBMS.
OOPS stands for object oriented programming structures. OOPS is a programming methodology in which the programs are organized as collection of objects. Each object represents an instance of some class. The classes are often interrelated to every other through inheritance. It helps in programming approach so as to create robust, user friendly and efficient software and supply the efficient thanks to maintain world software.
Advantages of OOPS: –
v. Code reusability
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MODEL
SDLC (Software development life cycle) is a process followed for a software project, within a software organization. It consists of an in depth plan describing the way to develop, maintain, replace and alter or enhance specific software. The life cycle defines a strategy for improving the standard of software and therefore the overall development process.
Software development life cycle (SDLC) may be a framework that defines the steps involved within the development of software. It covers the detailed plan for building, deploying and maintaining the software. SDLC defines the complete cycle of development i.e. all the tasks involved in gathering a requirement for the upkeep of a Product. It defines the various stages involved in the development of software for delivering a high-quality product. SDLC stages cover the complete life cycle of software i.e. from inception to retirement of the product. SDLC process results in the event of the software during a systematic and disciplined manner.
Waterfall Model: –
The Waterfall Model was first Process Model to be introduced. It is also mentioned as a linear-sequential life cycle model. It is very simple to understand and use. In a waterfall model, each phase must be completed fully before subsequent phase can begin. This type of model is essentially used for the project which is little and there are not any uncertain requirements. At the top of every phase, a review takes place to work out if the project is on the proper path and whether or to not continue or discard the project. In this model the testing starts only after the event is complete. In waterfall model phases do not overlap.
Very less customer interaction is involved during the event of the merchandise . Once the product is ready then only it can be provided to the end users. Once the merchandise is developed and if any failure occurs then the value of fixing such issues are very high, because we’d like to update everywhere from document till the logic.
When to use the waterfall model:
- This model is employed only the wants are alright known, clear and glued .
- Product definition is stable.
- Technology is understood.
- There are no ambiguous requirements.
- Ample resources with required expertise are available freely.
- The project is short.
Advantages of waterfall model: –
- It is easy to manage due to the rigidity of the model – each phase has specific
deliverables and a review process.
- In this model phases are processed and completed one at a time. Phases do
- Operating System:-Windows 10
- Back End (Database Tools):-SQL Server 2014
- Front End (Designing Tools):-Visual Studio 2015
- Image Editing Tools:-MS-Paint
- Text Editing Tools:-MSOffice2016
- Web Browser:- Google Chrome
- Framework:- ASP.NET 4.5
- Web Server:- IIS (Internet Information Service)
- Processor – i3
- Hard Disk – 500 GB or more
- Memory – 4GB RAM or more
- Flash Memory- Pen Drive